Glanbia employs over 6,000 people in over 32 countries and their products are distributed in over 130 countries. When building their new state of the art milk processing facility in Belview they researched the entire Irish marketplace for a weighbridge supplier. They required a fully integrated Yard Management System. This incorporated weighing, vehicle recognition, driver recognition, route planning, access control, milk testing, offloading and unmanned weighbridges and, for this, they chose Globeweigh.
We’ve been with them every step of the way. Through planning the system, supplying all the necessary equipment and implementing the installation of both hardware and software. Utilising WinWeigh software, which has several thousand installations throughout Europe, and with our locally manufactured weighbridges, the project has been a huge success.
The process on site is;
Yard Management System Process
- Vehicles are identified using RFID tags
- Driver is identified using read-write card at driver operated entry system
- Access is granted to the site
- Vehicle is weighed using inbound weighbridge
- Vehicle proceeds to charm test
- Driver is identified using read-write card then charm test is completed
- Driver is allocated bay to offload milk
- The vehicle is weighed using outbound weighbridge.
- Vehicle proceeds to exit
- Vehicle is identified using RFID
- The driver operates barrier system using read-write card.
Initially, vehicles are identified using RFID tags with readers at all entrance and exit lanes. Once the vehicles are identified the driver use their read/write ID card to access the site via driver operated terminals. Once access to the site has been granted they then proceed to the inbound weighbridge getting the total weight of the vehicle taken on their cards.
It has been such a phenomenal success that we’ve now installed versions of Glanbia Yard Management (GYM) currently on the Ballyragget, Wexford and Virginia sites too.
For more details call Frank McKenna on 086 8556500 or 07779 038152